Holistic Therapy & Personal Development Services
Occupational Standards &
Fellows of the Society of Holistic Therapists & Coaches
Qualified to real standards
Adhering to NOS
Dedicated to Ongoing development
Adhering to codes of ethics
Involved in training provision
Therapists with Supervision access
First established 1993
Qi Gong Alliance
Welcome to Scotland's Premier Psychotherapy, Counselling, Psychology and Holistic Personal Development Site'Therapeutic care & Personal Development - The solution to your problems is in you'
Mindfulness training, Counselling and Coaching Edinburgh
Mindfulness is a philosophy, a modality of therapy and a method of viewing the world around you. Depending on the client and their needs, work will delve into different levels of the philosophy, sometimes just requiring the basics, sometimes a deeper understanding.
it is not possible to do justice to a definition of mindfulness in just one webpage, so instead the following are a list of the primary features used in therapy:
- Learning to notice our thinking and observe it. Thus no longer being automatons controlled by impulse and immediate thoughts. This permits a level of protection from unpleasant or intrusive thoughts and emotions and leads to greater understanding.
- Meditation or relaxation on a regular basis. This can be formal meditation, or any one of many informal relaxation techniques. This allows the mind time to process and recover.
- Natural meditative behaviour. Many activities can be meditative and we can loose ourselves in the experience, gaining a peace and tranquility. A classic example would be listening to music or walking in a park and REALLY being fully IN the experience.
- Letting go of anger, revenge, frustration, obsession, expectation, accumulation and other unhelpful drives, through specialist mindfulness observation and combined cognitive and behavioural change.
- Deliberately making cognitive and behavioural changes to encourage positive drives such as forgiveness, compassion, acceptance and gentle assertiveness.
- Balancing self assuredness with avoiding excess ego. Thus being neither a "doormat" nor inappropriately selfish or egotistic.
- Supporting these traits and positive changes with appropriate lifestyle, diet and behaviour. This encompasses elements of life coaching.
Many of these are combined where appropriate in Transpersonal psychology / transpersonal psychotherapy. This does not mean having to convert to or follow any perticular faith or belief. Indeed a strength of transpersonal therapy is to look at common themes in faith and non-faith societies.
Mindfulness can be a brief intervention, teaching people the basic principles and techniques and pointing them in the right direction to explore related fields. This applies in non-severe and non-clinical cases.
In more serious cases, such as managing clinical conditions like Bipolar, most clients benefit from initial training and then regular support sessions either monthly or bi-monthly. Sometimes that support is from us exclusively, other times we refer on or cooperate with other providers to ensure the right service for the individual.
We have City
Centre bases in Edinburgh and
Glasgow and we are
considering expanding into other cities shortly.
We are complementary health
not alternative health practitioners. This means that we work WITH the
medical profession. If you have an illness or injury, or if you are
going to embark on a new diet, fitness plan or if you have any
uninvestigated symptoms, you must consult your medical doctor.
TaoDeChing - Lao Tze
In the first instance drop us an email or use the feedback form to contact us. We can then advise whether we feel we can appropriately assist you.
To Contact Therapy Services
Mental health treatment is based around methods recommended in NICE guidelines, and those fully researched as effective such as CBASP. More information on both adherence to NICE guidelines and on underpinning research please visit our other site www.psychoanalysis.center
Please note that this site is optimised for search engines. Our other site www.psychoanalysis.center is more pleasing to the eye and is optimised for humans!
We adhere to appropriate National Occupational Standards, carry professional insurance and support voluntary regulation of therapists. We are both subject to regulation in therapy. Both therapists area CNHC registered hypnotherapist (voluntary regulation of hypnotherapy). Both therapists are registered on both CNHC and FHT PSA Accredited Registers. Professional Standards Authority Accredited Registers are for healthcare practitioners not subject to statutory regulation.
South Side Centre, 86 Causewayside Edinburgh, EH9 1PY
Note: this is a centre used by many different therapists including ourselves and is not our listed business address. We practice from here "on demand" among other locations. Please do not send mail or post here.
Payments: Cash, paypal. NO credit or debit card facilities on site.
To Contact Therapy Services
use Email us