Holistic Therapy & Personal Development Services
Occupational Standards &
Fellows of the Society of Holistic Therapists & Coaches
Qualified to real standards
Adhering to NOS
Dedicated to Ongoing development
Adhering to codes of ethics
Involved in training provision
Therapists with Supervision access
First established 1993
Welcome to Scotland's Premier Psychotherapy, Counselling, Hypnotherapy, Life Coaching, Psychology and Holistic Personal Development Site'Therapeutic care & Personal Development - The solution to your problems is in you'
Psychotherapy, Hypnotherapy, Life Coaching, NLP, CBT, Hypnosis, Psychology, Counselling
Stress Management Counselling Edinburgh
Stress Management Counselling
The exact package of assistance should be dependent on the type of stress or stress factors present in the individual. No two cases are alike, and this is why "off the shelf" and "conveyor belt" methods are a waste of time.
2. Reduce current stress levels
3. Learn ways to channel stress in a positive way
4. Learn to perceive things differently, so they are less stress-ful
5. Learn to perceive things so that there is less "negative" stress
6. Ensure balance and an appropriate lifestyle and environment
Stress costs business millions of pounds in sick days and lost productivity. It costs individuals relationships, health, well-being and quality of life.
Stuart was trained with over 1,000 client hours ( over 200 clients over 3 years) in the treatment of psychosomatic conditions by using: Clinical hypnotherapy, psychoanalysis, stress counselling and coaching in health education and wellbeing. Check out BOTH therapist's qualifications in these areas.
80% of patients in GP waiting rooms are suffering from a stress related illness,otherwise known as a psychosomatic condition. This is not a fake or pretend condition, it is very real, for example Irritable Bowell syndrome, (NICE recommend therapies including hypnotherapy). Phobias (Anxiety UK recommend hypnotherapy and CBT). Stress was defined by Professor Cary Cooper (the Association of Stress Management I trained with helped with his research) as when the demands placed on the individual exceed their resources to cope, in other words creating anxiety as a response, or tipping people into depression. Evidence please refer HERE
Typical process for stress management counsellingThe process therefore tends to be:
1. Reduce stress level and prepare the client with positive affirmation work or visualisation using hypnotherapy or similar methods (such as self hypnosis, NLP, autogenics).
2. Begin addressing underlying causes, looking for understanding, patterns and through understanding the ability to reconcile, gain closure and undo any negative learning.
3. Define new opportunities, activities and goals using Life coaching.
4. Boost where appropriate with affirmation, visualisation, hypnotherapy, NLP etc as appropriate.
5. Implement new behaviours
6. Monitor and adapt new behaviours for maximum effect using CBT self assessment methods.
7. Give the client time to settle, hit any snags, report back and sort out those snags, usually by having monthly or bi-monthly progress sessions in order to "round off" the whole program. These are often "put off" for a bit if all is going fine.
8. CBT may be effective in the management of stress related symptoms such as tension headaches (according to BMJ Learning)
Mental health treatment is based around methods recommended in NICE guidelines, and those fully researched as effective such as CBASP. More information on both adherence to NICE guidelines and on underpinning research please visit our other site www.psychoanalysis.center
Please note that this site is optimised for search engines. Our other site www.psychoanalysis.center is more pleasing to the eye and is optimised for humans!
We adhere to appropriate National Occupational Standards, carry professional insurance and support voluntary regulation of therapists. We are both subject to regulation in therapy. Both therapists area CNHC registered hypnotherapist (voluntary regulation of hypnotherapy). Both therapists are registered on both CNHC and FHT PSA Accredited Registers. Professional Standards Authority Accredited Registers are for healthcare practitioners not subject to statutory regulation.
To Contact Therapy Services
South Side Centre, 86 Causewayside Edinburgh, EH9 1PY
Note: this is a centre used by many different therapists including ourselves and is not our listed business address. We practice from here "on demand" among other locations. Please do not send mail or post here.
Payments: Cash, paypal. NO credit or debit card facilities on site.
Also now at Wallace House, North Edinburgh.
Stress management counselling, anxiety disorder, stress and anxiety issues, stress and anger management, coping with stress, stress management coaching, relaxation therapy, hypnosis for stress, counselling for stress, psychotherapy for stress, psychoanalysis for stress, life coaching for stress. Stress management counselling in Edinburgh.
To Contact Therapy Services
use Email us